Visitors

Monday, 11 February 2013

Trip to Shah Alam and Kuala Lumpur

Dear blogger,


My third time went to trip - location as I write at the title...^____^
This trip including student semester 5 and 6(2012).Objective of this trip is to expose the art student to surrounding and show them how to survive in challenging life. Student also meet and learn how the previous artists create an idea and express it on mediums such as canvas.

Zulkifli Yusoff's Studio

Zulkifli Yusof with Aznan Omar and Suhaimi Tular
Zulkifli Yusoff's journey into contemporary art began with a copy of Art Today given to him by his father in 1979.Working in various mediums, he has played an important part in developing installation art in Malaysia. The Kedah born artist works in both sculpture and canvas, creating satirical pieces on the subject of power. Socio political in context, Zulkifli Yusoff's work confronts the norms.
(from: http://www.nngallery.com.my/cof/37/)


Prof. Ramlan Abdullah's Studio





Patisatustudio

Patisatustudio is a residence and also a studio for both Ahmad Shukri Mohamed(contemporary artist) and Umi Baizurah Mahir@Ismail(ceramic sculptor). Patisatustudio also became a place for art student from IPT to learn and get an experience.
Further reading: http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/content.asp?y=2008&dt=1228&pub=Kosmo&sec=Rencana_Utama&pg=ru_01.htm




Umi's studio

I don't have a chance to visit Ahmad Shukri's studio because too crowded with my friends. T_T



Beautiful landscape at Patisatustudio

 Balai Seni Visual Negara(BSVN)

I got a chance to see the exhibition of Amron Omar.Yes..I like his style of work. About proportion of body, value, and composition.Very interesting.
Amron Omar - Pertarungan

Other than Amron Omar's work, there are many others that also interesting such as Sulalatus Salatin by Ismail Embong. Sorry..no photo here. 

KLCC and me

I hope I can write more about Malaysian artists in the next post. But I need to do a research first. I forgot to mention that I also visited Chandan Gallery and House of Art(graphic designer).  ^ v ^




2 comments: